| || |
About Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth
In January 2014, Jordan Hospital joined the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center family of hospitals and became Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth. In 1899, a group of leading citizens from Plymouth saw a need to build a hospital to serve residents and pursued the idea of "a hospital on the hill". They approached retail tycon, philanthropist, and summer resident Eben Jordan, of the Jordan Marsh Company, and he donated $20,000 to build what was to become Jordan Hospital. In December 1903, Jordan Hospital opened its doors to the first patients and has remained a community hospital ever since.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth remains a private, not-for-profit hospital. We treat all patients, regardless of ability to pay. We proudly serve the communities of Bourne, Carver, Duxbury, Halifax, Kingston, Lakeville, Pembroke, Plympton, Plymouth, Marshfield, Middleboro, Sandwich and Wareham, as well as numerous visitors to our historic area.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.